8 week Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction course
Tuesday 12th January 2021 running until Tuesday 2nd March 2021.
The class each week will be two and a half hours long. The course will either run in the morning time from 9:30am to 12pm, or in the evening time from 7pm to 9:30pm depending on which time will suit most participants.
Free of charge.
Online via Zoom.
The course will be ran by Esther O’Neill who is currently completing a Masters in Mindfulness-based Interventions with UCD. Teaching this 8 week program is part of the training requirements of the Masters program.
What is the Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Program?
The Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) was first developed in the US in the early 1980’s at the University of Massachusetts Medical School by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
Since this time, the evidence of the effectiveness of this Mindfulness based program as a therapeutic intervention for a number of physical and psychological related health conditions has grown significantly.
During each week of the Minfulness-based Stress Reduction program, participants will be introduced to a number of formal meditation and movement practices and learn more about the principles of mindfulness, and how to integrate some of these ideas and practices into day to day life. Further detail on the 8 week program is provided below.
What will you learn over the 8 weeks of the program?*
- become familiar with the workings of the mind, including the ways we avoid or get caught up in difficulties.
- notice the times when we are at risk of getting caught in old habits of mind that re-activate downward mood spirals or heighten anxiety levels.
- explore ways of releasing ourselves from those old habits and enter a different way of being.
- get in touch with a different way of knowing ourselves and the world.
- notice small beauties and pleasures in the world around us instead of living in our heads.
- be kind to ourselves instead of wishing things were different all the time, or driving ourselves to meet impossible goals.
- accept ourselves as we are, rather than judging ourselves all the time.
- be able to exercise greater choice in life.
Apply to take part
If you are interested in taking part, or would like to find out more, please get in touch using your preferred method of contact:
Phone: 087 362 7587
Click here if you would like to complete a contact form.